Sunday, May 3, 2009

Banned Books!

I was at WLA for Thursday, April 16th. The first session I attended was the Banned Book Weeks presentation. I saw Diane Brown there and Jackie Parker of former North Spokane fame. There were four people on the panel: the owner of Aunties downtown, her niece who is a librarian at Gonzaga, Sweet Pea who owns Kings Books in Tacoma and a public librarian from Puyallup shared ideas. There were some great ideas, but here at Valley not so many of them transfer over- so if you have a window, or a large open wall in your teen area, or space for a large table to go up, I’ve got ideas for you!

I do want to say- it seems we never do much for Banned Book Week because it falls in October when we're using most of our displays for "Spokane is Reading", perhaps we can use September for banned books?

1 comment:

  1. Amber, thanks for the reminder about celebrating banned books in September- I think that's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Followers